- A minimum of 10 people is required to receive a group discount.
- For groups with children, we require 1 adult chaperone per 10 students (*1 Adult per every 5 paid students receives FREE zoo admission!)
Our Zoo is a great place for school groups, scout troops, church groups and others. Students are only $5 each, and we can accommodate groups of up to 150 students. To schedule, download a Field Trip Reservation Form and email or fax it to email@example.com or 540-343-8111. Once a field trip has been scheduled and confirmed, you will received this helpful guide for preparing for your field trip.
Mill Mountain Zoo also offers two themed guided tours for small groups of elementary and middle school students, although these can be modified for older students.
General Tour Information:
- Tours are approximately 45 minutes.
- Due to an inability to lead large groups through the zoo on a tour, groups participating in tour are limited to 16 students.
- Larger groups may be accommodated by breaking classes into smaller groups and doing 2-3 back to back tours.
- DO NOT schedule preschool classes for these tours.
The Habitat, Animal Needs and Adaptations Tour is for grades K-6 and covers the following SOL’s:
- Science: K6a, 1.1a, 1.5, 2.1a, 2.5, 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.5 a + f, 5.5, 6.7
- English: K2, K13, 1.2, 1.3, 2.2, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 6.2,
The Threatened and Endangered Species Tour is for grades 3-6 and covers the following SOL’s:
- Science: 3.1, 3.4, 3.6, 3.10, 4.1, 4.4, 4.5, 4.9, 5.1, 5.5, 6.1, 6.7, 6.9
- English: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.5, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.5, 6.6
The Threatened and Endangered Species Tour also has a Post-Visit Packet that teachers can use in the classroom after their visit.
To schedule, download the Tour Reservation Form and fax or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-343-8111. Please call or email Bambi Godkin with any additional questions at (540) 343-3241 ext. 23 or email@example.com. Once a tour has been scheduled and confirmed, you will received this helpful guide for preparing for your field trip.
ZooBash Cost: $250 for Non-Members and $225 for Members
ZooBash Package Includes:
- Admission for 30 people—make sure there is at least 1 adult for every 5 children
- 30 tokens for the Zoo Choo Train
- Outdoor Zoo Picnic Pavilion reserved exclusively for your party for 2 hours
- A ZooBash MUST be scheduled at least 14 days in advance.
- Add-ons are available—see registraion form for more details.
- Party times: 11-1pm or 2-4pm
- 48 hours are required for cancellations.
- Parties will be rescheduled based upon availability.