Hours and Prices
Mill Mountain Zoo is open 7 days a week from 10-5pm, with admissions closing at 4pm. Check the home page for weather and holiday related closures. Admission prices are $9 for adults, $7 for children 3-11 and children 2 and under are free. Seniors are $8.25.
The keepers love sharing information about their animals. Kids (of all ages) love watching them interact with their charges and learning more about the special relationships they share and how the animals are cared for. Plan to spend some time watching the animals during their feeding times.
Gifts and Snacks
Mill Mountain Zoo has a great gift shop offering a variety of children’s toys, t-shirts, hats, artwork and souvenirs for you or to give as a gift to someone special. All profits benefit the Zoo’s education and conservation efforts.
Zoo Choo Rides
The Zoo Choo is a miniature model G-16 train that operates seasonally at the Mill Mountain Zoo.
The train leaves from the station every 30 minutes and follows a 16-inch wide track around the Zoo. The train makes two laps around a track that is more than 1000 feet long. You’ll see different views of Mill Mountain Zoo and its animals!
The Zoo Choo is closed for the season.
Please help us keep our animals and guests safe by following our suggestions.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the Zoo.
- Straws are not allowed for the animals’ safety.
- Balloons are not allowed on Zoo grounds.
- The animals are on special diets; please do not feed them anything.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Zoo (service animal owners must check in with Zoo administration office.)
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades and rolling shoes are not allowed in the Zoo.
- We do not issue refunds or rain checks.
- Children must be supervised by parents at all times.