Plan Your Visit
Hours and Prices
last admission at 4PM
Admission ends at 4PM.
Check the home page for weather and holiday related closures.
Admission prices are:
Adults (ages 13-54) $12
Children (ages 3-12) $10
Super Adults (ages 55 & over) $11
We support our military and veterans! Anyone who presents their military ID card will receive 10% off their admission.
Any patron that visits the Don & Barbara Smith Children’s Museum located at Center in the Square and brings their receipt to the Mill Mountain Zoo will receive $1.00 off admission; and, patrons of the Zoo that visit the Children’s Museum and bring their Zoo receipt will receive $1.00 off admission.
Zookeepers have unique and special relationships with the animals under their care. While at the Zoo, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the animals from their keeper and watch them interact. The daily schedule will be posted at Guest Services or you can call ahead to see which animals will be featured that day.
Bali's Bistro is operated on a seasonal basis between April and October and features a variety of food, snack, and drink options. Visit the Bistro for pizza, hotdogs, popcorn, snow cones and much more! Year round, chips, candy and drinks are available in our gift shop.
Gifts and Souvenirs
Mill Mountain Zoo has a great gift shop offering a variety of stuffed animals, clothing, toys and souvenirs for you to remember your visit to Mill Mountain Zoo. All profits benefit the Zoo’s education and conservation efforts.
Zoo Choo Rides
The Zoo Choo is a miniature model G-16 train that operates seasonally at the Mill Mountain Zoo.
The Zoo Choo is currently down for the winter season and will return in Spring 2023. Watch for more details!
STAYING SAFE AT THE ZOO
- RESPECT BOUNDARIES, PAVED PATHS AND WALKWAYS
- Do not tease or throw anything at the animals.
- Enjoy the beauty of the Zoo landscape, but do not climb trees, play in flower beds or pick the flowers, shrubs trees or other plants.
- As much as we all love animals, please do not bring your pets to the Zoo, and please do not leave them in your vehicle. Service animal owners must check in with Zoo admissions office.
- The barricades and fences throughout the Zoo are there to protect you and our animals. Please stay on your side on designated footpaths, and do not attempt to touch animals.
- We let the animals run around naked, but please keep yourself covered, including shirts and shoes.
- No glass containers are allowed because they are a hazard to the animals.
- Alcoholic beverages and drug use on not permitted on Zoo grounds.
- No bikes, roller blades, skates, skateboards, segways, or hover boards.
- Radios and similar devices are not allowed on Zoo grounds; no loud noises please.
- Smoking and other tobacco products, as well as vaping are not permitted inside the Zoo.
- Straws and balloons are not allowed on Zoo grounds, as they are choking hazards to the animals.
- We do not issue refunds or rain checks.
- Supervise all children under the age of 16 at all times, including in the restrooms. Do not allow them to spoil another visitor’s experience.