make a donation
Did you know Mill Mountain Zoo is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization? Our mission is to educate the community, schools and other groups about the importance of wild animals, their habitats, and conservation. As an education facility, our focus is on making attendance to the Zoo and our educational programs affordable for every guest, student, and visitor. This means we rely on donations to supplement our expenses and keep our programs and admission prices reasonable. Since we are a non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible.
Click below to make a donation online or visit us at the Zoo Gift Shop.
Use your Kroger plus Card
Mill Mountain Zoo receives quarterly rewards when you use your Kroger Plus Card! Enrollment is easy, but must be renewed annually. It only takes a few minutes to become an Online Customer and register your card:
- First go to www.kroger.com
- Click on “Sign In/Register”
- After you sign in or register, at the top click on “Community” then “Kroger Community Rewards”
- Click on the “Enroll Now” button OR if you are already enrolled “View Your Rewards Details” and click on “Edit” under Community Rewards
- Enter Mill Mountain Zoo’s NPO number (CG187) and click “Search”
- Select Mill Mountain Zoo from their list and click “Enroll”
To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see Mill Mountain Zoo listed on your “Account Summary” page under “Community Rewards.” If already enrolled, please note that Kroger requires re-enrollment every August. Thank you for supporting Mill Mountain Zoo!
Walmart Spark For Good
You can support Mill Mountain Zoo in two ways through Walmart Spark for Good. First, you can round up any purchase made through your Walmart.com app or account. It only takes a few minutes to register:
- Go to https://www.walmart.com/registry/registryforgood
- In the Find a Local Charity box search for "Mill Mountain Zoo". We will also show up under the registry if you use our zip code "24014"
- Choose "Select this Charity and you are registered.
The second way to support us through Walmart Spark for Good is to purchase items from our wish list. These items are then mailed directly to us and can be put to use immediately! The list includes items our Zookeepers need to take care of our animals, items for animals that encourage play and mental stimulation (what we call enrichment), and other items such as food or supplements.
To find our wish list, you can follow the instructions above. Instead of 'Select this Charity for Round-up,' there is an option to purchase from our wish list. Just pick an item and have it sent directly to us!