Volunteering Opportunities for individuals, Groups, and Organizations
We have numerous projects, including landscaping, clearing brush, cleaning fence lines, property clean-up and various light repairs that we need assistance with! These volunteering opportunities are great for individuals and groups alike, such as clubs, civic groups, corporations, as well as other organizations. If your organization is required to do a service project, Mill Mountain Zoo may be the right fit for you!
For more information and to complete application: volunteer application
For additional questions about volunteering please contact Jeanette Kolnok at 540-343-3241 x0 ~OR~ email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
- Return a completed volunteer application.
- Applications will be reviewed and potential applicants may then be contacted by zoo staff to set up an orientation time and training.
- Must complete at least 30 hours of volunteer work each year.
- Education volunteers assist with educational programming and events, guided tours, animal encounters, amphitheater programs, birthday parties, and many other things!
High school students interested in a career in zoo keeping or zoology are encouraged to submit an application for job shadowing at the Mill Mountain Zoo. Through this program they will gain a better understanding of this challenging but rewarding career.
Space for this program is limited and assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis. A completed application and brief letter of interest are all that are required to get started in this program.
For more information and to complete application: Job Shadows program
For additional questions about job shadowing please contact Julia Franet-Hornbeck, General Curator at 540-343-3241 x6 ~OR~ email@example.com.